You always want to protect your head from injuries whenever possible. Cyclists, skaters, athletes, construction workers, and others wear helmets for protection, though even a helmet cannot always prevent a head injury due to trauma.
Head injuries can require costly treatment in San Francisco and have many effects on various aspects of your life. If someone else caused or contributed to your head injury, they should compensate you for all of your medical bills and other losses.
Never hesitate to seek help from the best personal injury attorney San Francisco office of The Cartwright Law Firm, Inc. We represent head trauma victims, and we are ready to assess your rights.
Types of Head Injuries
Head injuries can take many forms. They can include:
- Concussion and TBIs – A traumatic brain injury occurs when the brain tissue hits the inside of the skull and suffers damage. A concussion is a form of a mild TBI, though, despite the “mild” diagnosis, concussions can still have serious and lasting effects. Severe TBIs can leave victims with permanent impairments.
- Skull fractures – Your skull can fracture like any other bone in your body and include linear fractures, depressed fractures, diastatic fractures, and basilar fractures. Sometimes, bone fragments can shift or break off and damage brain tissue, leading to a TBI. Skull fractures can also result in disfigurement.
- Intracranial hematoma – Known as an ICH, this is a blood clot in the brain, and it can range from mild to life-threatening injuries. Hematomas can cause brain damage, as well as increased intracranial pressure, which can be life-threatening and might require brain surgery.
No matter what type of head injury you sustain, you need immediate medical attention and will likely require ongoing medical care, rehabilitative therapy, time off work, and more.
Causes of Head Injuries
Head injuries can happen due to another party’s negligence or wrongful act. Some common causes of head injuries that might lead to an injury claim include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip & Falls
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle and motorcycle accidents
- Accidents due to defective products
- Boating accidents
All of these can cause serious head trauma and resulting injuries. Whoever is responsible for causing your head trauma should also be responsible for compensating you for all of your injury-related losses.
Seeking Compensation for Your Head Injury
To seek the compensation you deserve for your head injury, never wait to consult with a personal injury lawyer in San Francisco. Our Bay Area law firm can:
- Evaluate whether you have a case
- Identify liable parties
- Calculate your past and future losses
- File all insurance claims
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- File a personal injury lawsuit in civil court when needed
You can stay focused on your medical treatment and recovery while we handle the entire legal process.
Seek Help from a San Francisco Head Injury Lawyer Right Away
After a head injury, you want The Cartwright Law Firm, Inc. on your side. We understand the unique nature of these injuries and the losses that result, and we will fight for the total amount you need. Contact us for a free case evaluation today. Call:415-433-0444.